In this program you will learn how to be a better board member and how to manage your organization’s board of directors.
Learner Hours: 26 | SHRM Credits: 26
Lead your nonprofit to change the world. The oversight provided by boards is vital to the success of each type of organization. However, there are parts and pieces to ensuring the effectiveness of a nonprofit board.
In this program you will learn how to be a better board member and how to manage your organization’s board of directors. The course covers the ins and outs of nonprofit boards, including strategic planning, establishing policies, management, budgeting, and fundraising.
• The roles that board members fill.
• How to demonstrate leadership while serving on a nonprofit board.
• Strategic planning.
• How to identify the board’s mission, vision, and values.
• How to model ethical behavior as a board member.
• How to build team approaches for the board of directors.
√ New board members as part of orientation.
√ Staff who work actively with a nonprofit board as part of a training program.
√ Nonprofit Board Members, Senior Staff, and Executive Directors to help with planning, decision-making, and conflict management.